Friday, March 20, 2009

Baskets and Henna


24#
I am soooooooooo happy today!!! Because I have finally gotten myself a basket~~ A pretty basket according to my liking! COol stuff i tell you~~ It's sooooooo pretty that I think I don't mind using it as my handbag to go shopping! wahahaha I love both rattan baskets in the picture above la how? I was having a hard time choosing which one I love the most! So which one do you think I bought in the end??


I bought BOTH la. haha Why wanna make life miserable to make such hard decision. Since I love both, I decided to give one to mum. I'm sure she'll like it too when she sees it.

In case you're wondering why I am so into rattan baskets lately, it's because I have the habit of bringing food from home in containers to the office. I don't like eating out and I was using shopping bags all this while to put my containers. Hence, I told myself I need a pretty basket to place my containers and concurrently Zura told me there is this National Craft 2009 going on at Jalan Conlay and it just started yesterday.

So today~~ without any further delay we zoomed to Conlay Road to have a look. Initially, I asked Zura's mum to make me one. But because she's so busy with bookings and getting involved in the National Craft work, she asked me to just buy from any stalls over there la. Seriously there are a lot of varieties, very very pretty!! Zura's mum is sooo nice, she told me to have a look around and when I have decided which one to buy, just ask her to follow me. She knows most of the stall owners there thus by standing beside her, I managed to get the cheapest price! Awesome!!

Tadah~~~ Also, I got myself Henna on my hand. I've always wanted to try this on cos they look so cool~~ Just like a tattoo but a semi-permanent one. Mr. Wong would never want to get this on his hand so that's why I have never gotten myself one all this while. There is no fun if I am doing it alone. Unexpectedly, Zura said she wants one this morning, I couldn't stop the nafsu desire to get one too!


This is Zura's design, I loveeeeee hers because I loveeeeeee flowers!


See?? Gorgeous, ain't it?!


And this, is m.....i......n......e...... So Zura's designs are flowers, and mine are leaves... -.-'''
I kept asking Zura to switch hers to mine (which is of course impossible la) and she said, "Ei, jangan mengada-ngada, you punya lagi cantik nanti. Percayalah kata aku!"

I was not very convinced when Zura said that but oh well, first time ma.. so whatever la. But when I washed my hand and the ink came off, indeed, I love it more now. Zura is right, she said because my ink was fatter and thicker, hence the design will be more intense when the ink dried and came off. Hers are not so obvious after she washed her hardened ink away.


All in all, I love today!

5 comments:

Marge said...

hoh....buy only for cute ma la...i'll remember one...huh...*turning away*

Anonymous said...

that henna thing also one of the proof that you are totally a "FREAK CHINESE" a.k.a "Cina yang pelik". No offense huh...hahaha...Come on la dude.I know malaysia is a free country but why are you so pelik huh....tell me.I always try to find the exact answer for that.hahaha...

Alice said...

da sao: hahahah i know you will say this. Come back la can go shop together~ I was thinking of buying u one de but then i dun wanna repeat the same thing i did with ur wedding gift -.-'' hahahah dont worry that event will be held annually.

ubek: hahahahaahahaa huh~~ I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!! The moment i post this entry i already expect the "cina pelik" phrase from u dy! hahahha

Anonymous said...

GOSH!!!You expect it already?and you are not even mad at me?And you sound you like that tittle?Every day you are getting more and more "Pelik" you know.hahaha.......

Alice said...

ubek: eh that's not the first time u call me like that ho! So i kinda got used to it dy haha