Thursday, May 14, 2009

Heavy Heart

Tonight is going to be my last night working night shift.

I'll back to day shift starting next week.

Yes, only me alone moving back to day shift.

For the past 6.5 months, being the night owl/vampire is not an easy task. A lot of sacrifice need to be made. We sacrifice our beauty sleep, we sacrifice our faces looking like zombies, we sacrifice our precious time spending with our loved ones, we sacrifice our time hanging out with our friends on the weekends, we sacrifice our leisure time just to get enough sleep to work at night. We eventually sacrifice our health too to be the night owl. It's not easy to stay on night shift. The number of visit I paid to the doc is uncountable now.

It's right after Chinese New Year that I've made up my mind to go back to day shift - to be normal again.

And finally my wish has been granted. But due to the short notice given, I'm not fully prepared to go back, mentally and physically.

Counting the days till next week, tonight is my LAST night. LAST night... LAST night...

WOW time sure flies when you don't want it to.

The thing here is, I have my heart tied to the night team. We're like one family and now I have to step away. T____T

The fear of being abandoned and isolated by the night owls freaked me out a lot. I know they won't isolate me but things will change. I can no longer share the ups and downs, the fear and madness, I can no longer talk/laugh as loud as I wanna be. There won't be anyone for me to call Penyet, there won't be any boobs for me to molest, there won't be anyone for me to call Mui Mui, there won't be anyone for me to call gay/mad scientist.

That's why I couldn't stop the tears from rolling down this morning and it WASN'T my last night yet!

OH GOD!! I don't know if I can find myself the courage to face tonight and tomorrow morning when I can no longer walk out of the company with the people (Zura, Zatil, Mui Mui, Naza) I love deeply in my heart next week.

Anyhow, I guess life has to move on and I secretly pray that we will be reunited again!

3 comments:

Angel Valerie said...

cheer up... at least u can revert back to ur normal self after this while im half dead at this point of time...

Marge said...

Don't worry. You'll be doing just fine. You can still ask them out for a dinner on weekend. It's really hard but I'm sure you'll be ok soon. Let the tears out. You'll feel better after that. Btw, I like your drawing. Simple but meaningful...well done

Alice said...

kakak: ty ty. take vitamins~~

dasao: eseh, ty ty. I love to draw since young, but then I stopped when I studied form 4 n form 5. Luckily I pick it up again, but my drawings is comparable to AJ's soon, like kid's drawing. Hahaha