Thursday, November 02, 2006

"Undercovered" love or "One-sided" love?

"My goodness!! I can't believe he's in love with you! Hahahaha!", Leo almost got choked when he laughed at me after I told him that my ex-schoolmate, Willie, is falling for me.
"Stop laughing la! I don't know whether it's real or he's just fooling around?!!? Come on, what do you think about that?", I asked nervously.
"Well, I'm not really sure bout that though," Leo controling himself from laughing out loud.
Losing my temper and feeling embarassed at the same time, I punched him HARD.
"OUCH!!! That hurts la. Stop it." Leo screamed and he continues, "Ok Ok. I know how you feel la, relax la dude, he's ok what, try him la."

Well, that was part of the undiscovered puzzles of my life. After 3 years or perhaps, more than 3 years, I'm still hesitating whether Willie really mean it or not when he said "I LIKE YOU" on that particular night. I admitted that I had feelings for him in the end but... being a girl, I was waiting...perhaps I AM waiting for Willie to propose to me again that he likes me one day.

Curiosity began to haunt me since the night he told me that 3 feeble words. I am demanding a confirmation from him but there was no response until this very day. Maybe he doesn't know, perhaps he really doesn't have any idea of what I am or was thinking. ArghhhH!!!! I don't even know what I am typing about~ Somebody please untangle my thought~!!

I still remember vividly what and how it happened. We were chatting through MSN as usual on that night and he suddenly popped out with those 3 words. My heart stopped pumping for a few seconds and I found it hard to breathe at that very moment. Silly me! I was trying to confront myself that he was only joking. When I scolded him for not being serious, Willie was kinda angry at me for not believing him. I nearly fell for him that time but unfortunately my strong pride held me back. Moreover, he did nothing to convince me. That is why I am kinda mad at him even until now. I mean, logicaly, a guy will try put all his efforts to persuade or in a better term, to court the girl that they like, right? But to my great surprise, Willie didn't make any changes at all. All he did was continue to chat with me until now and still calls me "sweetheart". I like the way he called me though, but things are still very obscure and I don't like that.

Guess I'm too sensitive. I was waiting for him to really say it out, for at least I know that he's not fooling around, but things happened unpredictably for the past few years. Finally my heart has been snatched away by the one who knows how to grab opportunities. Actually, what I wanted was Willie's C-O-N-F-I-R-M-A-T-I-O-N at that moment. If only he tried to convince me, if only he held himself stronger, if things happened according to what I wished, the person who is sharing my parts and parcels of life now will be none other but him.

Guess it's all too late for both of us now...

FRIENDS FOREVER



*Leo and Willie are fictious names which I created to protect their identities.

No comments: