Friday, June 22, 2007

Unexpected Fun

Wednesday is a day to rest and to sleep to the fullest! (for this semester la). But, unfortunately I don't think I am that "lucky" since I have society meetings to attend nearly EVERY wednesday afternooN~~ *sigh*

But then, glad that I handed over everything to my "descendant", the newly elected English Language Society's treasurer~~ Hehe. Been waiting for this very day since the day I became the treasurer of ELS. YEAPY~~~ That means, I can sleep like I never sleep before for the coming Wednesdayssss this whole semester lu.... YEAH~~!!

Yesterday adternoon was the last English Language Society meeting for old committees and as usual, while the chairperson was busy talking in front, I was busy sms-ing at the back row. Wahahaha BO bien..very wu liao. But I believe the next batch will do a good job! At least better than us~~ Cause I can see their capabilities and that is why they deserve our votes the other day.

After meeting adjourned around 1630, Pei Xian and I were heading to the internet lab when we bumped into Pui Ling (the Buddhist Society's committee member). Pei Xian was so excited when she saw Pui Ling cause Buddhist Society was holding a mega function upstairs. So PX was hoping to watch the show hosted by the Buddhist Society members. Pui Ling was kind enough to let us in for free because from what I heard from my other friends, they need to pay for the entrance tickets.

So there we were, ended up sitting among the crowd, knowing nothing about Buddha but somehow acted cool like experts.

I really have to praise the actresses involved in the performances. They are really talented~ Can cry anytime, anyhow and the best part was they made the audience cried, feeling touched.

There was this section where the MC invited a monk (their si fu) to recite prayer for all those who were there. I was panicked cause I am not a Buddhist and the same goes with PX. By the time both of us wanna "cabut", it was too late. The committee members were too efficient. They noticed that only the both of us do not have water lily candle to lit and to hold the candle on our palms so, they gave us the candles even when we said it was ok cause we were leaving anyway. But they insisted...so we might as well co-operate lo.. Frankly speaking, I wasn't comfy at all.

But don't worry God, I still love you very much. The feeling I have for You remains unchanged.

Both PX and I suffered a long 30 minutes (or maybe longer) moment of awkwardness. Others were so busy and concentrated praying except the 2 of us. So there we were, stood real still, dare not to utter a single word, playing eye contacts with each other, exchanging messages like, "When will this gonna end ar? Feeling very awkward leh.. What's gonna happen next oh? Why isn't anyone movE? Why do we have to stand? How come pray so long one? And when is this gonna end??? I wanna go home leh. Can we cabut now? What happen if we leave right now? Will they feel offended?...."

After the praying session, both of us really got ready to escape dy. But hor...suddenly we heard the MC asking for a round applause to welcome the 2005 Astro Talent Quest Champion, Kwok Fai (Vois) to come on stage. The crowd went wild!

I was like.. "Ha?! Who's that?"

Before I can hear PX talks, the crowd were crazy! Especially girls.
*shaking head*

Everybody was screaming their hearts out. Guys too leh!
Well, apa lagi?
You can hear the usual "Arrrggghhhhh, Zheng Guo Hui!! Wo Ai NI!!! Argghhhhhh!!!" *girl fans shrieking*. And also "Zheng Guo Hui, ni hao bang!!"

Thought who so "ba bai", I stayed back again. Hehe

Through my discovery, this local star actually has a good vocal. Some of his songs are quite nice though. The lecture hall in UTAR (PC203) suddenly turned into a concert hall. And to my great surprise, UTAR actually allows Vois to promote and sell his cd after his mini-concert. Which is very ironic to its well-known tedious and stringent management principles and rules. Hmm.. got autograph signing session somemore!! *faints*

Here is a video to share with you all, it's a bit shaky in the beginning..and it's only part of the song he performed that Mei Wah managed to record cos her camera ran out of space dy.




Courtesy of Mei Wa




Banyak concentrate signing autograph



Vois's (Not Vios) Fan


Being kiasu enough, I also took picture with Vois since everybody was squeezing themselves through the crowd to take photos with him. I managed to take his side look only. Dare not to ask him to take photo with me cos I didn't buy his CD. Wahahaha


Side view enough la~~


Then hor, Aunty (Chia Yun) suddenly asked us to take group photos. So once again, taking photo with vague purpose. Wahaha



From the left: Ah Hua, Mei Wa, Pei Xian, Me, Aunty (Chia Yun), Yuan Wen



Yesterday was a MCC (mong cha cha) day~ Everything happened on the spot. PX and I "gan dai dui" (following the big crowd) without any sense of direction. They went left, we also went left, they jumped, we also jumped. They took group photos, we also took group photos. Hahaha



Not bad also la. Though blur blur, we get to see leng jais from other faculties also. HAPPY~ UTAR is finally entertainment-friendly!! HOORAY~~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya...very mcc and also like a pendatang tanpa izin on that day bcos didnt pay for the ticket...but...haha...very worthwhile cos can watch the performances and see a lot of yan dao there...Kya~~ XD.wonder when UTAR will organise such event in future ;p

Alice said...

wahahahaha you go and ask ELS chairperson to organise one too la~~ Sure ELS becomes popular by then~~ Not bad leh~~ Then can invite handsome guys from other faculties again~ Wah..drooling dy~ Muahahahahaa

Mei-Wah said...

Hey... Same as my name (Mei Wah)...