Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Say Tak Nak to Heels

Last Sunday was a hasty day. We were rushing like mad cows to PWTC to attend ASIA TEFL conference.

Rushy moment: Angel made full use of her time by giving her face a final pad while waiting for LRT.

Group photo with some lecturers during tea break


Well, you will probably be wondering what's the big fuss about, huh?

Ya, I agree. No big deal about it. Conference is just a conference. It's just one of those formal occasions where everybody can participate too.

BUT..it is a big deal when it caused you painful, shrieking steps all the way to and fro, and at the end of the day, you are grounded from wearing your favourite shoes for like at least one week or so.!!!


My right heel, well slightly a bit up the heel, is so damn freaking in PAIN!!!!! And what's causing me all the unnecessary suffering????
................
.........
.....
...
..
.
.


The culprit!


I had been running around crossing big highway roads with this new pair of heels. It was my first time wearing high heels traveling all the way from ss2 to PWTC. With my high-heels-instability, my legs wobbled like jelly. But somehow I was amazed, b'cause I actually ran across big big higways with blind cars speeding so fast even though they saw us crossing the roads the other day. YT saw me running while waiting for us at the LRT station and had a good laugh at it. -.-"""


And this is how she greeted me when we met up that the LRT station, "Eh, you sure you are wearing heels for the first time ar?" -.-"""


I was thinking.. wa lao..not bad leh, for first timer like me, who would potentially sprained my ankles every 5 steps can run so fast in heels when I saw cars speeding towards me. I guess I really have to admit that I "takut mati".


Don't wanna die in such a horrible sight la. Hehe


Ma heels started screaming for help when I reached Masjid Jamek LRT station. I was thinking..well..it's ok..just don't think about the pain and it will eventually be gone in no time.


I was wrong! The more I ignored the pain, the more un-ignorable it seemed. So luckily Angel brought her plasters. She's really an expert. Seeing plasters was like seeing an oasis in the desert. So I quickly plastered my heels and happily bid BYE BYE to Mr. PAIN-sy.




Who knows...plasters are not anti-blisters. Now, I have 2 of them. One each on both heels.


Mama mia~~~ They were so damn painful~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Both legs were numb. The only thing that my brain received was the stimulus that indicated S-A-K-I-T.

Blister on my right heel.


Thought the blister will be gone by the next day. Who knows I was WRONG again!


Instead of recovering, my blisters are becoming more and more 'powerful' by turning red from nothing and starting to form pus inside!!


GROSS!!


I hope you are not eating by now.


I wouldn't dare to poke the blisters. Cause I saw YT's poked-blister and it was even worse than my unpoked-blister.

No comments: