Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Culture shock?

8 more days!!

8 more days!!!!!!!!

8 more days till I can officially hold my head up and walk out from this place. Not turning back!

Cant wait cant wait~~~

***
This afternoon when I was having lunch with my colleagues, a student approached me and said, "Miss! Why are the questions so easly la?"

Sigh.

I knew this will happen. But what to do. I am not the one setting the questions. Well, they are lucky la actually.

If I am given the power to set the mid-term questions, they will be soaking up their tears with their hankys today.

oh.. ok. So the student came to me and we chatted a while before I went away to buy roti canai telur bawang. She went away.

While I was busy having girl talk with my Cat, (one of my colleagues) that student came back.

She said, "Miss I think I better go first ya."

I was thinking, "erm.. this is the cafeteria, not classroom ler.. why is she telling me what she wanna do ha?"

But, still I said, "Oh okay, you have a safe journey home ya." And smiled.

I pick up my fork and before I can even turn my head towards my roti canai, she bent down, placed her left cheek on mine, then right then left again.

Three times.

I was obviously confused lo.

However, I managed to control my expression la. Then she went over to my colleague, and did the same thing to her.

Students nowadays so open with lecturers? Is this the culture here? Or what????

My colleague was surprised too. (although she is also an Indian)

Me: Eh.. is it me or you feel the same too? I feel so weird...why did she do that?

Cat: Yeah. Even I also dun feel quite comfy bout this.

Eh I dont know la.

Been thinking bout this since lunch.

Back to marking now.

2 comments:

Angel Valerie said...

could she possibly be interested in u? hahaha...

JiNG said...

lol..... She just wanna be polite lar... not a guy also.. cuh.. or u hoping that she is a guy? WUAHHAHA