Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Veterans Day

Woot~



This weekend passed real fast T.T because I had a great time >.<



In conjunction of Plymouth Veterans Day, we get to join a-day programme at The Hoe to as a salute to the armed forces and their veterans who offered up their lives and sacrifices to protect their country.


The displays, exhibitions, aircraft and warships were all available and the public gets to meet veterans who continue to serve the community in the emergency services. There were also music by the Band of the Rifles and the City of Plymouth Pipe Band and entertainment by young people. (sigh reminds me of my sweet school band days when I was form 1 to form 5)

Ok, without further ado, let me present to you latest pictures from Plymouth =)





The fortress in remembrance of the armies and navy who fought to protect Plymouth. Names of the deceased armies were stoned on the black walls behind and all around the fortress.




Tips: Anyone who don't know what to name ur babies can come and have a look on the walls? So that your future kids will be as brave as a warrior like the armies? >.<


Classic look of fire engines. Haha. Look at the dark clouds above meh and I insisted on wearing shorts out while everyone were wrapping themselves up tight.





The trademark of Plymouth (I assumed?) Cos every souvenir shops that sell key chains sure have this lighthouse on them.



Oh yeah! We were so lucky you know, cos we didnt even know it was Plymouth Veterans Day and we postponed our trip to The Hoe since last two weeks? Luckily we procrastinated a bit wahaha. If not we would missed out such a great outing. Wont get to see parachuters parachuting!



There was a part where the third parachuter went a little bit out of control when he was supposed to land on a 'x' sign in the circle in front of us. But instead of landing on the 'x', he landed right behind us which scared the hell out of ma brother. hahaha We actually thought he is gonna sit on us and cover us with the big parachute.



There were actually 5 parachuters perfomed. Sis in law and I walked passed 2 of them and chose the third guy. We are so bad la. We chose the cutest and the most handsome guy to take picture without even bother to check the last 2 out! Buahahaha

Nah.. this is the latest me. Everyone here thought I am 16. I "finally" look like my real age with curly hair, ain't I? >.<

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not choose any name from that walls for my baby girl,I don't need to name my baby after them. I just name her "Alice" because she is brave enough to ware shorts while "ang mo" use as tebal as they could.hehehe....

s said...

now u look like 50 years old o-ba-sam

Alice said...

ubek: wahahaha that's a brilliant decision hun.

Jen: U wait la u. U wanna sleep in the toilet or on a bed? You tell me tomorrow.