Saturday, August 18, 2007

Missing You

"So tell me tell me, what did the doctor say? Boy or girl?"

"Hehe. It's an active boy!"

I can't wait for my big brother to online the other night as my sister-in-law's brother who just came back from UK told me that they are going to know the gender of the baby after doing the scanning thingy on Monday.

Thus, he did online on the time I expected and I threw away my assignments for a while to have a full-time chat with him. He is gonna be a dad real soon and I couldn't throw my tantrum at him anymore cos he would only look at me at annoyance and say, "Grow up, will ya?". Sien. I lost another "victim". Hehe

I was happy to know that it's a baby boy and couldn't wait for the next morning to break the news to my mum. At the age of 45, my mum is gonna be a grandma, me - an aunty, my dad, who still argues with my two younger brothers (when mum is not around) over a computer is gonna be a grandpa! Mum, on the other hand was very very funny. When she heard from me that it's a baby boy, she couldn't believe it. She was overjoyed. Calling me four times a day to confirm the news whether my brother really said that, whether the doctor made any mistakes, whether the scannings were clear and bla bla bla... It took her one day to actually calm down with the news. What a cute family I have.

But I miss my brother a lot and at the same time feel very sorry for them. They are on their own at Plymouth. No relatives, no family members around taking care of them. We can't do anything to show that we care except emailing and chatting through internet and long distance calls. My sis-in-law is now pregnant heavily with my nephew. All of us are worried if my brother, a pre-dad, knows how to take care of a person or not since he is the one being taken care by my sis-in-law all the while. But to my greatest relief he does a good job as a husband and a daddy (I did my homework by interviewing my sis-in-law, you see). No doubt, my sis-in-law is well taken care of together with their precious diamond in her womb.

Feel so sad that we can't be able to be at their sides when the baby is born next year. He will be so far away from us and only get to know us through pictures when my bro points and says, "Baby, this is grandma, grandpa, aunty Alice, uncle Jeff and uncle Jerome"

Sad, but true.

Sigh.

I miss them a lot. Wish UK is just a stone's throw away so that I can fly over to pay them a visit whenever I miss them.

6 comments:

JiNG said...

I wanna kick the baby.. can ar?? wauakkakakak

JiNG said...

i mean when he grow up.. uwhahaha

Angel Valerie said...

u kick the baby, grandpa? hey, u're a grandpa dy and if the baby comes out, u'll be grandpa-gong. muahaha...

alice, i cant imagine ur parents being ah gong and ah ma dy. haha.

Alice said...

Jing: You try and see la.. Kicking my nephew spells the word D-E-A-T-H. He's my bro's and sis-in-law's diamond leh.. my mum's and dad's even more precious platinum coated diamond leh.. my grandpa's and grandma's great grandson leh <-- lagik more diamonds and platinums leh..One kick, the whole up up down down (Shang shang xia xia) Ling's family will kill you ar..Hahahahaha
Still dare to kick or not? Wahahaha

Angel: Ya lo..Me, myself also cannot believe my parents are becoming grandparents. I still think that they are not "matured" enough. You should have seen my dad argues like hell with Jeff when the clock strikes 0ne minute over my dad's gaming time and Jeff resisted to let go the computer.. Sigh~

JiNG said...

two word - happy family

JiNG said...

TAGGED~!!!!