Thursday, June 11, 2009

Song Representatives

It's all about songs lately.

My current favourite is Don't Trust Me by 3Oh!3.

Queer, but true.

The lyrics are controversial and interesting. One of the best songs to karaoke with.

Today I'm gonna talk about songs. Why? Because some time back I posted something on my FB status. Something like, "Every song represents someone..." and some agreed with me.

I have this tendency to remember people/things that happened through songs. They somehow got recorded by my brain and reflect back when the songs are replayed.

For instance,

Tears of Cinderella by Cyndi Wang reflects on the courtship of Mr. Wong and I. Everytime we went out dating, this song kept playing over and over again and thus I fell in love with the beat and started to simply sing whatever I absorbed. But actually my favourite part is at the beginning of the song, where you go ba ra ba ba ra ba all the way. hahaha Basically most of Cyndi's songs of this particular album will remind me very much of Mr. Wong.

Next is Viva La Vida by Coldplay represents Teck Young. Why? Cos I fell in love with this song when I was in Plymouth last year. The radio kept playing it. I always look forward to listen to this song and coincidentally Teck Young was over at my bro's place one night and when this song was being played he sang the lyrics out. That's how he's buried in my brain. Kakaka

Moving on is Run by Snow Patrol. My big bro comes to mind when this song is played. He was trying to show me a song which is one of his favourites but mistakenly downloaded this one instead. And now it's been drilled in my head and I quite like Leona Lewis' version =P

Of course not forgetting ma sista-in-law's Delta Goodrem's In This Life. I still remember she was surfing on the net while I was "renovating" my blog. AJ was napping so in order to enjoy the limited "peacefulness", we tried our best to prolong the peaceful moment by poking earphones into one of our ears. She nudged me and asked me if I wanna listen to her choice of music and we both ended playing the album over and over =)

Next is Graduation by Vitamin C that reminds me of Yt, my buddy! As we were heading towards the end of our university life, she said this song suits us best.

As for Zura, Cinta Gila makes me think of her for no reasons. Maybe because she's a crazy woman. HAHAHA oh! at the same time, this song also reminds me of Ubek my crazy dude. He is the craziest boy friend amongst my other boy friends I've ever had.

Zatil would be Jesse McCartney's How Do You Sleep cos she kept playing the song throughout the working hours.

Mui mui's will be Thinking of You by Katy Perry cos I remember she said she doesn't like Katy Perry, but once she came across the song she immediately told us, "Now I know why you guys are so into this song."

The Blower's Daughter - Naza. He's the one sending the song to my ears =) I'm glad he did. This song never fail to send me far far away into my imagination where I direct my own movie.

I still have a long long list to go but I don't think I can finish listing them out one by one in one post so I think I shall end here this time.
***
Last night, I created my own lasagna recipe! The lasagna skin I bought stated that the lasagna skin must be microwaved or ovened but I have none of those. Hence, adventurous me tried steaming.

The end result

HAHAHA syok or not my lasagna.

The skin on the surface is clearly not cooked enough to eat, but the layers in between are soft and cooked! YUMMY!

I'd figured out the way to make sure the skin is completely cooked though.

Try soaking lasagna skin in the water for a while and wait for it to soften before steaming it. It works!

6 comments:

Marge said...

eh eh...you forgot AJ's song neh...lion seul, gummy bear & those children's songs...

lasagne looks nice. If you put more bologne sauce and cheese, i'm sure it will look very cheesy and creamy...sooo delicious

ubek said...

ME ME!!!no song a?ok ok i know,when ever you see me, you will lough your ass out until no music can be heard.wahahaha....so,no song.eh alice a,GILA LA U!hahaha....

Alice said...

dasao: got i still remember AJ's songs.. because he has too many ar.. i became lazy to list them out. hahaha yea lo next try definitely gonna put more cheese~~~

ubek: Got la! who say no cinta gila is ur song ma! hahahahhaa wei i still remember the lion n the lamb's story k

Chris said...

=p i still like my Alones just cause i can sing part of it~ =3

Alice said...

chrissy: and I still have the song that you sent me =P sing that part to me next time~~~ =P

Anonymous said...

The blowers daughter... Sigh :)