Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Big Bully

You know sometimes, i don't really wanna be rude.

Some people can tolerate being bullied, I can't. Nor can I tolerate watching the people I love and care being bullied.

The story is like this.

I brought my grandma to the hospital yesterday for her quarterly medical checkup.

We reached there around 7.30am.

Needless to say the hospital was already crowded though the sign says it opens at 8am.

So everyone was shoving through the crowd to submit their medical book. After submitting we waited for grandma's name to be called so we can move to the other room to wait her name to be called again for consultation and check-up. It's all about waiting. You know, if I can knit, I'm pretty sure I can finish a baby sweater already with the amount of time waiting.

All in all we waited for 4 hours just to get grandma to be checked and claimed some medicines.

4 hours! for God's sake.

Imagine the patience I need (I'm clearly impatient, you see, but because of grandma I waited patiently without a single whine).

Right till we made it to the doctor's room, the nurse with the blackest, sour-est, stupid-est, lansi-est face asked, "WHAT WERE YOU DOING WHEN I CALLED YOUR NAME?! YOU MADE ME CALLED YOUR NAME FOR THE SECOND TIME!"

Poor grandma couldn't understand what the heck she said and kept asking me to translate.

I was fuming and couldn't tolerate myself any longer.

So I fought back.

Me: Excuse me? You ingat nenek saya 30 tahun boleh terbang ka? Orang tua yang ada penyakit dahla kaki lemah, macam mana nak jalan cepat?!!!

Nurse: You tak dengar saya panggil nama nenek dua kali?

Me: You tak tau nenek saya duduk jauh kena jalan ka?!

Nurse: You tak tau duduk dekat sikit ka?

Me: You BUKA PINTU dan BUKA MATA BESAR BESAR you nampak ada lagi tempat boleh duduk ka?

Nurse: ....

I was gonna report you and your stupid attitude to your superiors!

But grandma stopped me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha..Alice,you're brave!

Angel Valerie said...

hospitals in malaysia la, kakak, what to do?

u report also useless. these kinda things, for all of my life, i got so used to it since i grew up getting to know how the cultures in hospitals go about. sometimes, u'd just rather pay more to go to private hospital rather than government's but there are times when private hospitals deliver the same service.

it's good that u fight back. stupid nurse expect old ppl to fly one. hahaha...

looking forward to see u again. btw, i just met up with YT with Edwin yesterday at midvalley. we all miss u a lot!

IamJimmy said...

wuah.. you back for a while nia, become more and more samseng d.. hahaha.. jk jk..

I understand lar sometimes those stupid person might cause the world to be come so ugly... but try to think think, she is stupid enuf to say that kind of words, what make you think she wont play around with your grandma medical check? or medicine? or some other things such as injection and so on... My advice, stay cool for the sack of one we love... we dont want anything happen rite? if anything happen, complain to government also no point d, right? touch wood touch wood.. hahahha.. eh.. i said so much .. can dapao kampua for me? :P

Alice said...

josephine: have to la josephine, if not she's gonna step on ur head.

kakak: that's what i thought too. Sigh i know they are seeing sick, old, pathetic patients everyday but still they shouldnt do this. At least I voiced out and not letting myself getting bullied just like that =P

jing: nah i'm not afraid because I know what kinda procedure my grandma is undergoing and i am watching her examining my grandma. Just some minor blood glucose level testing and weight scaling that I can also read from the machine. Sometimes we cannot keep quiet else they think they will get more and more lansi. I really pity the other patients who also kena scolded by her. That bitch is so mean. Cilakak u, want kampua only hahaha i thought u found the best kampua in puchong dy, no??