Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Where is The Love?

I have these few thoughts that I would like to share,

Case 1

Is it happening in Malaysia only or is it happening every where? I am so sad to witness the shocking truth with my own eyes. I was at Tesco Extra, Cheras yesterday afternoon when I saw 2 men argueed.

Before this I was happily walking around, enjoying the Chinese New Year mood with the "Dong Dong Chiang" music sang by cute little voices while checking out prices of anything that I came across and tried to compare them with the prices I saw elsewhere. OMG i am so aunty -.-

And then out of the sudden I heard someone shouting. We strained our hears to get a clearer version. This is what I heard;

Conversations were conducted in Cantonese, translated into English

Men1: May ar!
(what!)

Men2: May may ar?! Dai ga dou yao cho ger ma!! Ngo mai dou jo hip lo! Jong siong dim!?!
(What What?! It's our faults and I had already apologised! What else do u want!?!)

*men2 stared hardly and rolled eyes at men1*

men1: Tai may tai!
(Stare what stare!)

men2: May ar?! Ga jan ng tai dak ar?!
(What?! Now cannot stare ar?!)

men1:*grumbles and voice slowly fades away*

men2:*walked away*

and then, an aunty suddenly popped out from no where saying,

aunty: wah...may si ar? pasar malam meh? hiu~~
(wah..what happened? Night market meh?)

*turned and continued her flower-selecting activity*

At that very moment, I felt very very embarrassed though I don't know them.

Embarrassed because, majority of us who were present over there were Chinese.
Embarrassed because both of them are fathers.
Even more embarrassed when their puzzled kids were looking at the scene and that's how their daddies (role models) acted in public.
Embarrassed when one of their kids - a cute little girl, pulled her daddy's shirt and asked innocently with a cute barbie girl's voice, "Daddy, what happened? Why like that?"
Embarrassed because how come Chinese treat Chinese like this.
Embarrassed because what if a tourist came across this incident and laughed his ass out and thinks, "So this is how Malaysians treated each other in this Boleh-land eh? Malaysia Boleh!"

Where is the love ppl!!!! WHERE!!!!!!???? T__T

World is a scary place to live right now. People are hating each other. How sad. No sense of unity anymore. Everyone is too selfish to help.

Case 2

On the same day (after the first incident), while I was waiting for my bf at the sitting place near escalator, I was supposed to sit on the bench. But hor, tesco is so lokek with benches. Only 2 benches on the first floor when the place is like so big. And I saw the benches are both occupied already so I thought aiya nvm la.. let aunty uncle sit.

Then I was looking for a better place to stand and wait and while doing so, the ppl around me were like so busy pushing their trollies towards the escalators. Whenever I wanted to go right one trolley will come into my way, and when I turned left another trolley dashed along.

What la..so I was kept in the middle. While trying to get out from the 'jam' a sudden, coarse and rude "HALLO!" startled my fragile and confused soul. As if I owe him million bucks like that T_T

I am not making a big fuss out of this one ok? I was really shocked and at that very moment I felt like showing him the middle finger at once and a "FUCK YOU" to complement my revenge. But I didnt cos that will make me look like him. Brainless and stupid!

A simple "Excuse me?" will die meh? At least I wont feel so annoyed and irritated. *$&%(*&$%

Where is the love people!!!???!! T___T

Case 3

I read this from the news online just now. I feel so sad at the family's loss of their brilliant girl. And very disappointed with the bus company (as usual).

So this is how we are acting. Ignorant and sambil lewa. Poor innocent souls.

I wonder if I should continue reading the news or not. THe more I read the more heartaches I get.

Where is the love?? What goes around, comes around ma! *sigh*

5 comments:

s said...

That's the one thing i really hate about living in KL. Selfish people who think for themselves only.

Once i saw this two cars in One U or midvalley.. i think i was with u guys.. when both cars were facing each other.. one of them were at fault but do not want to budge.. the others seeing that guy so arrogant also become cocky and both guy keep staring.. I WAS DUMB-FOUNDED.. wtf.. tat isnt cool at all.. in fact.. that's stupid.. why not just smile over and drive away.. since ur gf is just beside u..

and regarding the chinese vs chinese scene.. i saw it once in youtube.. it happened between two chinese lady in New York City.. how embarrassing..

Alice said...

aih...guess it's happening all around the world. heartbreaking la..after looking at those scenes right my heart is like a bit sour sour one.. and the whole CNY mood gone..for that day nia la..but..still sad to see all these happening..

Anonymous said...

"Case 2

On the same day (after the first incident), while I was waiting for my *******!!!!!!bf!!!!!****** at the sitting place near escalator....."

who is that BF !!!!!

Alice said...

hahahahahahahahhahaha
XD nothing new la..

Anonymous said...

case 1

as usual i don't want to change my statement that you r really an "odd chinese".and what you can be proud of, is that you are the chinese that very brave to write about it.you are truely a malaysian.hahaha....