Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekly Report

One week passed sinced I started night shift last Sunday.

I told my manager on the first day when I started work that I want to be on night shift.

She asked me why and I told her nonchalantly that I am just not a morning person.

Then on the first night, my team leader asked the same question.

Again, I told him I am just not a morning person.

Then 2 more colleagues in my team asked the same question AGAIN!

Grrrrr why la.. very weird meh people working night shift???!!!

At the end of the week, I finally know why.

Working night shift is indeed SUPER TIRED.

I thought I can survive easily compared to morning shift, but my panda eyes or more like zombie eyes and face occupied with pimples and my worn-out body seem to demotivate me la.

All this while I dont look like my age, as in, people will thought I am still studying Form 5 when I wear T-shirt and jeans out here in Malaysia and people in the UK will thought I am 15 (the youngest so far) when I was there. But for the past few nights, I look like a 30 years old. I'm not saying that 30 is old but looking 30ish before I am even close to that age is DANGEROUS and life-threatening!!!

I dont wanna look like a dried orange when I am still this young la T_______________T

I got so worried until I went and bugged Stanlee, (my friend since Form 6, even before that aka my colleague) during break time.

*Break time*

*me with both elbows on Stanlee's table and head on my hands with face looking =(*

Stanlee noticed and said, "Hoi, why so sad? Look stupid la!"

And my natural response will cause him screaming, "Ouch you bitch!"
Me: Hey, I am so worried la
Stanlee: Worry what, bitch
Me: Worry why you look like shit lo
Stanlee: WHAT! #(@*$(*@#&#*(*(@&#
Me: No la, I am so scared that I will age faster if I continue working on night shift la!!! Should I get something to apply ar? Like anti-ageing stuff??!!
Stanlee: Hiya, dont worry la, you are still getting use to it. Everything will be fine when your body gets used to the shift.
Me: Really ar? You were like that when you started too?
Stanlee: Of course la, stupid.
Me: *slap*
Stanlee: Ouch! Bitch.
Note: this is how Stanlee and I converse every day night. And of course this is how we grew up too.
How aR? I am contemplating of getting some anti-ageing stuff leh~~
That's why la.. next time dont be too kepo running to your manager and told her you want night shift!!

P.s: I am not regreting.

13 comments:

Marge said...

haih....It's indeed very tiring when working night shift. Not healthy somemore. I used to work night shift for one month in a factory when I was in uni. So depressing! Don't get any anti-ageing stuff yet, because you're too young to be exposed to those cream. Try moisturiser day & night. Prevent your skin dehydrated. And drink more water.

And oh...although you sleep at daytime on weekdays, change your sleeping time to normal (night) on weekends so that you can become normal people at daytime. An advise from my ex-colleague from the factory. *wink*

Anonymous said...

Hahah..kecian nya alice. Drink plenty of H2O. Use mask during ur breakkie time..If ur boss allow lah.. Malam2x kerja tarak nampak itu "benda" kah?


Happy Halloween in advance ;)

s said...

now it seriously makes me wonder... what job u doing actually? Assassin Corp? Drug dealing services? Hire-A-Robber-Tonight service? hahaha why need to work night shift wor... wait... are u a nurse? or a doctor? i am confused.... u no need apply anything la... cos even if u did... will still look old.. so no effect.. hahahaha....

Alice said...

da sao: yeah.. I am sleeping like a normal person during weekends. hahaha vampire during weekdays~~

moomoo: choi choi choi~ u dun scare me la wei.. everywhere is bright bright~~ haha

jen: cilaka punya siti. I work with the media one la.. never heard of the phrase "news never sleep" meh? if i say u also wont understand ma. so better save my breath. wahahahhaa

Anonymous said...

wah, so sibuk now a days a.no update a

Alice said...

ubek: yea la.. no time to do so> only at weekends lo

Angel Valerie said...

haha... siti simon memang mulut jahat eh. haha... but yeah, kakak, u'll need a lot of beauty products to make u look good on other days. haha...

Anonymous said...

from what time to what time is ur night shift? pooor thing baby.. hey, is the hse u used to stay here in pj still for rent? am asking for a friend. btw, the way u relate this story is really funny... hahaha funny gal la u.. :)

Alice said...

kakak: yea la itu siti.. wait till i see him la. I will bully him again. He must have forgoten how I "summon" him to become my maid in UK last time.

drum: yo yo yo~~ my shift starts from 11pm-8am and the place that I used to stay was recommended by friend last time. Our ex-landlady prefer recommendations from the people she knows. But I highly recommend ur friend to NOT stay there. It's a living hell. Trust me *wink*

s said...

JIN SIMON: *pooff* Thank you for releasing me from this magic lamp. It's oily inside and the bed is too bouncy i couldn't sleep. As for that i will grant you 3 WISHES.... errr.. wait... Who are you... ARGHHHHH..... A witch with horrible wrinkles.. arghhhhh.. *so scared and ran away*

*PEACE* ok... i think it's a good idea for u to work night shift.. u can actually avoid the horrible traffic jam, lrt jam, ktm jam, bus jam... in the morning and afternoon.. but i was wondering... night time wat u guys eat ohh.. got 3am break? got 3am canteen?

drumsticks said...

now the next question is... why the heck do u have to work at such ungodly hours in a media co.?

Alice said...

Jen: eh u are veryyy lame looooo not funny one ur joke. -.- everywhere is food ler.. cannot eat mcd ar? cannot eat burger meh??? mamak stall available ma.. and yea~~ so nice to go back with almost vacant lrt everyday~~ no need to become sardin~~

drum: hahaha cos i m clipping news from Australia and New zealand. Aus is 2 hours ahead and NZ is 5 hours ahead of us. Furthermore, we have to finish all those clippings before the office hours starts there.. does it make sense now? Hehehe But i really enjoy the night shift. Wheather is cool - nice mood to work.

drumsticks said...

enlightened.. :) ya weather is cool... wasted coz we're sleeping when you work. & feel free to gloat..