Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thinky Thinky

Been thinking a lot since I am back home.


After reading KS's entry on "How Do Couples Keep The 'Spark' Alive In Their Relationship?"

I am kinda "awake" as in not being ignorant in matters like this anymore. I used to ignore and think, "Nah, I don't need those things yet."

But now, "Bah (yesh Chrissy, am using ur famous word again haha), I better start thinking and choose which path I wanna go".

How do couples keep the spark alive in their relationship ya?

I wonder too.

Mum's like asking me a lot bout marriage since I am turning 22 real soon (that's an obvious hint for pressies too! MUAAHAHAHAHHAAHA).

Well you know, questions like...

1) Have you been thinking of getting married after you graduate?
2) Are you ready for marriage?
3) What do you think of marriage?
4) Etc Etc...

Something like those...

From the surface, I dont care much about 'marriage', but I have to admit, those questions are disturbias.

And when I let my thoughts run wild, I see fear and as a result I chicken-out.

No joke.

I would go like this.

My thought:

If my bf proposed to me one day, will I say yes on the spot and then began to reconsider my decision when I get back home? Or will I say no and rejected him, making things turn awful? Or will I say yes and regret right after? And the list goes on and on... I cant list all of the possibilities. There are so many of them!!

If yes, am I really ready for marriage? Am I willing enough to vow and give my true love to him for the rest of my life? Am I willing to (like the experienced said) step into the world of sufferings and bid freedom bye-bye?

And this is where I start to chicken-out.

Maybe too many divorce cases, too many family problems, too many child abuse cases freak me out effortlessly.

I told myself that if I wanna build a family, it's has to be a stable ones, no hesitation.

I am still touching my out in the dark so far.

I see no light in the dark tunnel.

Touching and rubbing my way out.

Thinking about the future is scary sometimes because I am so afraid to end up lonely.

Contradictingly, I dont wanna give up my dreams. I still wanna fulfill my dreams... Bah~ (again, Chrissy, I know). This is it ladies, when you reach ages like these, you are at the most critical point... this is where your sacrifice counts!

And I just realised how lack of self-understanding I am!! And this is crucial for my future.

Because I will be graduating next semester and every decision I make will affect my LIFE! And I can never turn back time if what I have decided is already done.

Scary T_T

Now I know what is the real meaning of the big word- R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-T-Y!!!

Shoulders are feeling the burdens already.

No wonder I get sore-shoulders so easily lately and would demand Chrissy to send me e-choppys and e-massages! Eh, shreky?

8 comments:

Chris said...

bah i give too many free massages~ should start charging for them, certain amount of smileys for them :P

Alice said...

LOL!!! bah you get smileys all the time~ muahahaha

drumsticks said...

interesting read..

yea, perhaps marriage is every gal's dream.. however nowadays although u get married, ppl get divorce oso.. no certainty..

but still we should hold on to our belief that once married.. its forever.. better or worst.. rain or shine.. both hubby n wife will be with each other forever..

Don't worry.. trust in God.. have faith.. pray.. everything will work out fine. :)

Alice said...

Drumsticks: Agree agree. thanks for reading me crap~ LOL Drumsticks are my favourite, be it ice-cream or chicken thighs, both are my favourite! Yum Yum~~ ^^

Anonymous said...

hmm, if people in the past thinking like that, you and me will not be here d.. of course there are failures, things not working out, but there are so many good things happened also, looka t the bright side :D so you ready for the big day? haha!

p/s : er.. i also use a lot of 'bah' in my conversation..

Anonymous said...

hahah...after all, i totally agree with your mom.nasib baik my mom didn't ask me about that.hahaha....good luck in your finding your "Mr".hehhe...

Anonymous said...

bah .. did you join ah moi dot com?

Alice said...

bongkersz: Haha of course there are, but I just cant think on the bright side for now. Not at my age, cos too many influences from mothers and friends who got married early. So I am super not ready right now! Maybe will not be~

p.s: Bah is universal! Bah is cool~ Muahahaha yays! let's use more bah-s!

Anonymous: Hope your mum 'pushes' you sooN!! Muahahahhaa Evil me~ j/k :P

Cibol: Ah moi dot com? What's thattttttt??? I m gonna check that out and if that's some kinda blind dates thingy or match-making thingy, you are so dead Cibol! HAHAHAHA